Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Finding The Perfect Camera

Now that you have been introduced to photography, you'll need a camera. Which one? I don't have the answer to that question, because it's a matter of need, style of photography you are going to do, IE: landscape, home studio, sports and such, and also how much you are going to want to use it and most important, how much you have to spend.  The spend, is the BIGGEST factor in choosing a camera in my opinion.

Believe it or not, my first pro camera, the one I am still using (for now) is a...NO LIE...Kodak EasyShare Z812 IS. That's right! At the time I baught it, I wasn't thinking about using it as a professional, I only needed to capture my sons football games, (cuz it has HD video) and both my daughters choir concerts, and Christmas.  The biggest thing was it was only $300.00, which still is alot, but I had it at the time.  When I decided I could use it as a pro was when I saw how much a semi-pro camera really costs, ummm like 2000.00 and that wasn't/isn't happening right away. So, here are some of my protraits I took with my Kodak EasyShare Z812 IS.








Not bad? I didn't think so either. So, In my opinion it's not all about the camera, per say. It's what you do with what you have. I a have been on a mission to find a semi-pro camera because I am getting a lot more serious about what I do. It's been a year or so and I have narrowed it down to a Nikon D7000 (click the name for info on this camera) Now, How did I come to this? LOTS and lots of research! Take your time, get what you want/need. Don't settle either, save up if you have too, that's what I'm doing. Below are some AWESOME research tools that helped me find what I wanted/needed.

DON'T JUST GOOGLE CAMERAS!
  • Cnet reviews 
  • Take the Cnet info and look here first! Amazon (best place to look) 
  • Want to see what you like in action and Q&A the camera? go here. Youtube (type in your camera name and add reviews to get the best results)
Yes, I said it took me a year! I narrowed all my research to just these three things but you repeat for every camera you're looking at. Good luck my new friends. Stay tuned to this blog for more photography how to resources.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Malzie, I am glad you were able to work with what you had to make beautiful images. Good for you. I love your name. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Thank you :-) and Thanks for reading my post too.

    ReplyDelete