Monday, November 7, 2011

Photography Introduction

Photography is more than just taking pictures! I know, I was surprised too.  With this blog I will share with you all I've learned, before, I started my photography business Five Starr Photography. There will be MANY links to resourses, web pages, Facebook pages, images, the list goes on. I will try and break it all up in sections so as not to overload you. It's ALOT, to take in all at once. I will also make sure to set up the links to all this information in New Windows, to you can bookmark & save this info. if you'd like or you can just bookmark/subscribe to this blog and visit as often as you'd like.

Here we go...

I don't care how many You tube videos you've seen, I don't care how many blogs you've read, there always seems to be something missing.  Or, someone is telling you something you don't understand because most photographers have a college degree of some sort or another. I don't have that, I have a degree in having 3 children and a desire to capture their lives on film. As I am assuming you do also. You want to know, HOW they do it and WHAT to use and WHERE to go to get it! Am I right?

Hold tight my fellow, future pro photographer, I'll help you.  I am still working on that PRO part of photographer myself so we can figure it out together if you'd like.  If I ever miss important information, please share it here in a comment, don't be afraid, and no question is a dumb question, ask it!

I am going to start with a couple of people I think you should look into for now. The first is a chick I found on You tube, she makes photography seem easy and effortless. Her name is The Snap Chick (click on her name to check out her You tube channel). After you've watched all her vids. check out her website with even more stuff, she's for real and knows her stuff. The second person is a dude who is...OMG, so helpful and resourceful, so helpful in fact that he has a FREE lesson plan on photography. His name is Karl Taylor, you might have seen his work, it's awesome.  I suggest you sign up for his FREE lessons to begin with then you can buy some more lessons if you'd like.

Next I am going to slam you with links to websites and such I feel helped me understand the business of photography, thease also helped me decide I could handle "The photography life".



Well, That's a start. I hope you'll be back cuz next I will share with you what's inside a photography studio at home or professional. Then I will give you other blog posts from where to get a good camera to backdrops and more.

See you again soon! Malonie~ Five Starr Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment